Friday, August 31, 2007

August 31st - Something A Little Different

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of shooting Jim and Angela's wedding in downtown Allentown. Usually I'm driving down to Philadelphia to shoot weddings so it was a pleasure working in my own backyard for a change. Every location was less than 20 minutes from my house! My friend, Karen Jennings (their photographer), introduced the couple to me a few months back and they became one of my first Aubert Films projects. Karen and I are trying to convince Angela that trashing her dress would be really cool... hint hint!

Anyways, the "Something A Little Different" is their trailer. I'm usually more of the documentary kind of guy who uses lots of ambient audio in my pieces. I am not a huge fan of the very dramatic, slower paced edits that some are so famous for. This wedding, however, stuck me quite differently than most. Usually I gloss over things that were said during the day since I'm concentrating on shooting the best video ever. During the ceremony, the priest was giving his homily and his words really stood out to me. He was talking about love. Almost every pastor or priest talks about love during weddings but the way this priest delivered his speech and the things he said really stood out to me. I stopped paying attention to what was going on with my camera (don't worry Jim and Angela!) and I listened to what he had to say. After he finished I knew that I wanted to do something special with what he said so I used his talk about love in this trailer.
"What is Love"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this trailer...Great job Darrell