Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23rd - Back from Cali and Vegas

So I got back from Vegas earlier this week after another exciting WEVA convention. I had a great time hanging with all my friends and visiting the trade show. I also got a chance to work with the famous (sometimes infamous) John Michael Cooper. I planned a Trash the Dress shoot with a few other videographers and John. Enough about that, I will post about that in a few days.

The real reason I'm posting is because the GPVA (Greater Philadelphia Videographer's Association) entered a contest called the Battle of the Associations at WEVA. Basically we had to create a 60 second commercial advertising wedding video and WEVA. Last year we entered the contest with a montage of our best footage and won. This year we wanted to do something totally different. This year we made a spoof of the popular Mac vs. PC ads Apple is currently running. There were 6 other associations who made videos this year so the competition was steep. But in the end we made it through and overwhelmingly won again! I really wish I had the ad to show you but as soon as I get it I will post it here.

Here are some pictures of us after winning:

The project team

The attending GPVA members

No comments: